HOW TO DELIVER A MOBI EBOOK TO YOUR KINDLE FROM AN INDEPENDENT AUTHOR’S SITE
It's easy! Here are simple steps.
Once you purchase the eBook, you will receive an email with a download file button. If the file is in compressed zip format, open it.
- Send or forward the MOBI file to your Kindle email address.
- Open your new eBook on your preferred Kindle app or device, in the Docs app.
- It will automatically appear on your Kindle Fire Homepage, under New Items.
IF YOU DON’T KNOW YOUR KINDLE EMAIL ADDRESS
- Go to your Account & Lists at the top-right of your screen the Amazon website and scroll the drop-down menu to Your Content and Devices.
- Click on the Preferences tab.
- Scroll down to Personal Document Settings.
- Your Kindle email address is listed under that Settings.
- Your regular emails list is also under that Settings. Your Kindle email will accept email only from these "approved" email addresses. If you have more than one email addresses, make sure you send the new eBook file from one of these approved email addresses. Your Kindle device is designed to read specific types of files, such as MS Docs, PDFs and MOBIs.
Here are further instructions with screenshots: